Thursday 21 April 2011

Pink Paislee- Daily Junque / The World is Yours to CREATE

I have been good the past few weeks. I scrapped almost immediately and every new collection that I had bought! I feel less guilt now since the stuff are put to use but I have neglected on practising my photography after the last shoot I did for my girlfriend's baby and I have not been taking pictures of my own kiddos! (Note to self: I MUST take more pictures of Adah and Asher.)

I scrapped this using Pink Paislee's Daily Junque collection. I like this collection. The colors are bright and filled with vintage reminders, the typewriter, the tiny spray of flowers, the banners, the bicycle and the colorful bird. This collection is so versatile for scrapping almost anything, summer pictures, holidays, daily stuff etc. Pink Paislee really outdid themselves again! Then again, I always end up swooning almost every new collection from CHA...Lols!



Just a very simple layout this time with cut-outs mainly from the 12 x 12 journalling diecut sheet. I lined up the banners and added another one from Jenni Bowlin across the top right hand corner to form part of the title. The school badge was from one of Pink Paislee's collection last year- School Days. I had a tough time cutting out the badge from their transparency because it was so thick! Woah..I definitely grew some muscles after that. The cute little bicycle was from Tattered Angels.

Here's some close-up shots.



The little row of rosettes is from Tim Holtz and I brushed on Glimmer Glaze in brown and Pink. I cannot resist adding a little mixed media stuff into my layouts these days. Just some simple efforts but I feel it makes my layout truly mine and personalised.




I brushed on Ranger's Distressed Cackle Paint in clear crystal onto the chipboard bird to get this cracking effect. I liked how it turned out...When using mediums, I usally try to let them dry overnight as I believe natural drying brings out the effects better. Also, I am too lazy to bring out my hot gun or hair dryer. And I like the surprise that awaits me when I wake up in the morning and rush out to check out my layout and run my fingers over these stuff! Such an addiction...tsk tsk tsk...

No comments: