Sunday 29 April 2012

Maya Road Shadow Box

I am back! It has been an exciting week for me. First, the little one refused to nap for days after a long weekend with the father and her siblings. It was the father's birthday last Friday, so he took leave from work and spent time with the kiddos. And you think a 4 month old baby would be exhausted at night if she hardly slept a wink in the day, but no! She went to bed at the same time and woke up several times a night! This coupled with two older siblings who need to use the toilet or decide to start having 'nightmares' and climb into your bed in the nights, I hardly slept well at night and I had to wake up to express milk for the little one too. I remember waking up about ten times one of the nights and I was literally screaming my head off by dawn...Oh well, memories that I would be sure to remind them of when they are parents themselves! Lol.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't trade these kiddos for anything else in the world. There were sacrifices that we had to make for them but at the end of the day, they are 'Our Greatest Gift' and we are so proud of them, hence the title for this Maya Road Shadow Box. This box measures 8 inches by 8 inches and has 9 squares. I chose to put 3 solo portraits of the kids and 1 of them altogether, and embellish the shadow box for display at home.


Some close-ups. Blogger has changed their template and I haven't figured out how to adjust the photos so that they appear bigger, so these will have to do for now until I have time to surf around and find out how to do it. I am not exactly a techie so this will have to take time.



No comments: