Sunday 23 January 2011

Growing Up

Growing up is not easy, but u will be fine. Just something that I want to say to my little girl as she takes her first steps into formal schooling. This will be the start of her academic challenges as the rat race starts. But life is not just about school results and eventually, she will go through more experiences, emotional swings and learn about life's lessons along the way. The going may be tough, but I want to tell her that no matter what, everything will turn out fine with God watching out for her and her family to give her support.
I dug into one of my favourite lines from Basic Grey's Curio. The prints are so 'peranankan' looking and I totally adore them. Lots of layering of papers and the fabric rose ribbon is from American Crafts. Its so totally red 'red', you know what I mean? Kind of Christmas-y red but I find it suitable for the prints here. I also cut out the bird cage from Tim Holtz Sizzix Die and distressed it a little using brown copic markers. I then added the vintage elements from Making Memories and layered with the chipboards from Curio's line. I intentionally had the the bird out of placement with the cage. Kind of signifying my girl's taking off...hahaha...so corny right?


Life is settling into a routine now, but it is indeed tiring to drive out 4 times a day, clocking at least 80km each day. And most times, I have to rush from errand to errand, so driving is indeed driving me crazy and I am EXHAUSTED from all that rush at the end of the day that I can hardly open my eyes...and sadly, I have already gotten two traffic offence summons. I miss my scrapping but will try to complete at least 1 layout a week. I was so happy to attend Iris Babao Uy's class at Made With Love last week. She is so talented, sweet and pretty! It's unimaginable that I actually have a chance to meet my scrapping idol in person and I am really thankful to Swee Ching, Elvira, Sandra and the rest of the Made With Love team for making all these workshops possible...Hopefully, I have some good news to announce in February!

No comments: