Saturday 24 September 2011

Hold On

I finally got back to scrapping after such a long break. Sometimes, taking a break really does rejuvenate the body and 'scrapping soul'! I had to submit this assignment for Made With Love this week and was 'forced' to come up with something to meet the deadline. And to my surprise, I was actually excited about scrapping again after stopping it for about a month. I even had some ideas brewing in my head as I tried to conceptualise what I want to present on my LO.

Using a mixture of Prima papers from their recent Pixie Glen and Romantique collection, I came up with the follwing layout. I wanted to 'replicate' a garden scene that matches the photo I took along Clarke Quay, outisde the Parliament House carpark. It's a nice place for photo-taking and the kids were happy to run around and stare at the chinese boats and gaudy shophouses on the opposite bank on a weekend.

I rubbed TH distress ink in olive green over the Prima wall mask and poured embossing powder over it to heat emboss the resulting image. Then, I cut out and distressed the 'frame' for the layout.The rest of the embellishments were from the new Prima resin, flowers and cut-outs from the papers.

Definitely satisfying and fun after playing with all the mediums and cutting away in the peace of the night...I doubt I have much chance to enjoy these when A3 is here! LOL!


Close-Ups



No comments: