Monday 28 November 2011

Boys will be Boys

It's my turn to share over at Made With Love again.That's my-not-so-little-boy in the picture. He is developing quite a character of his own now, having his own opinions, getting so chatty, arguing and fighting back against his elder sister and wanting to be heard these days. Even the helper says he has changed from that quiet, gentle and yielding little boy to quite a character these days!

I have been disciplined in my purchases recently or maybe I am just going through a 'nesting' phase and have been trying to declutter instead of adding more to my stash, so this layout is completed using my crate paper purchases from earlier on in the year. This is the 'Toy Box' collection and Asher loves it as much as I did. In fact, he helped to pick out the chipboard pieces to embellish the layout. He was so enthusiastic that I had to stop him from pasting the 'dinosaurs' and 'rockets' onto the layout when I was not paying attention!

I painted the left side of the layout using yellow acrylic paint over the wall mask from Prima's new range of masks. Then, I cut off part of the Hambly transparency and layered it over the base cardstock and then added part of the 'books' cut out from the 'Toy Box' collection. I kinda like the end result of the layering...The rest of the layout was completed with journalling cut-outs and chipboards from the same collection with help from Asher!


Some close-ups. I love that little windmill over there!

I couldn't resist adding a buttons to 'balance' an empty void on the layout and I tied some baker's twine onto them for a simple 'spice-it-up'!

No comments: