Tuesday 17 January 2012

A Review of 2011

So many fellow scrappers I know have been committed to doing PAD (Photo-A-Day) layouts. Honestly, it seems exciting and fun and even as I look over their layouts, I share their sense of satisfaction at reliving all those simple daily moments. As for me, I am too lazy to carry a camera around, even though I have my Iphone! But I definitely still do appreciate the goodness that God has showered my family and me with in the past year and I completed this 2011 layout just before I delivered my little Anna last year.

This is my Photo-A-Month layout for 2011. I want to document some of the most important events that we have been through last year. Adah's first foray into Primary school in Jan, our discovery that we are pregnant in Feb, Asher's and Daddy's birthdays in March and April, our trip to Hongkong in June, our 10 year ROM anniversary in Nov and Anna's arrival in Dec!

I thought the layout looked a little cluttered and tried to seperate the months by the gridlines made using aqua baker's twine from Pink Paislee. I tried to use up as much of my old stash as possible before I go into the new CHA buying frenzy again this year, so you see some paper cut-outs and embellies from Glitz Design, Basic Grey, Prima, and Websters.



Chinese New Year is in a week's time and this is the first year that I am so ill-prepared for it. We hardly get visitors but it is still fun to buy those snacks and tidbits and new clothes and stuff around the house but I am hardly free these days...not that I am complaining, I simply love the smell of a baby's breath and am relishing every moment with Anna before she grows into a little girl like Adah. Well, here's to wishing everyone a Blessed, Happy and Prosperous New Year and may all your dreams be fulfilled!

No comments: