Thursday 9 July 2009

Ramblings....and a few toots!

I still can't access Blogger directly because blogsites and Youtube are still being blocked by the government here. Now with the Xinjiang riots, even facebook and google has been blocked! It really bewilders me to how much and the extent the government here can block...after all, the internet is almost non- exhuastive and the anoymous proxies and search engines available...

I am updating my blog via a proxy. It does not allow me to upload photos so I can't share some of the layouts I have been up to, playing with my new purchases from my last shopping spree in Singapore! But I really want to share some good news here. One of my layouts 'Motherhood' was chosen by our LSS (Made with Love) forum as the Layout of the Week #33. Another 'all of 2 months' was voted as the favourite layout over at Lotus Paperie and last, hopefully not least, my 'Fun in the Sun' layout was also chosen as the winning layout over at {Create}!

It is really exciting and thrilling to know that your layouts are appreciated and it does give me the motivation to continue to create. However, at some point, I was beginning to feel a little tired of scrapping for the sake of joining all these challenges. Not that I dun enjoy it, I really do but it can be so draining and meaningless, just churning LOs after LOs just to take part in these challenges. So now, I scrap sometimes for my own pleasure or when I am inspired and when mojo strikes or when one of the themes or challenge focus really strikes a chord in my heart like the one from Scrap Inspire Create which got me started on the 'Motherhood' layout. I wanna scrap to leave a momento for the kids, so I feel that they have to be meaningful...But but but...if any of you readers can access those blogs that I am talking about above, please pop over to take a look at mine and many even more talented works available...that was what got me started in the first place. I am totally amazed by the beautiful works that can be churned out from paper alone!

No comments: