Monday 19 October 2009

Pink Sketches #50


This layout is done using Pink Sketches #50. At first, I had several ideas on how to do this sketch- turn it into a Christmas themed, present top looking layout or turn it into a card sketch, etc etc. Then I went flipping through my papers and got to the new Websters Pages papers I had just got and they were calling out to me to use them!


I love love love the blue paper that I had used as the background and while working on the LO, I had already decided that I want to minimise the usage of ribbons and flowers on the layout since it's going to be about my boy. So I had to work around on using papers or embellishment for the two srips intersecting each other.

In the end, I turned the sketch 90 degrees anti clockwise and used the window cut out and chipboard streetlamp to form the vertical strip and lots of cut outs and layering for the horizontal portion. Overall, I like how it turned out and that's why I love using Kelli's sketches for my layouts. She leaves you with enough room to further explore on your own, and her sketches do not get too overly complicated.

That's Asher at 18+ months. He just grew up before my eyes, my little boy...

No comments: