Wednesday 22 September 2010

Made with Love Guest DT- This is Me, 1 to 6



Adah is turning 6 in November! It's amazing how time flies by as we plough through our daily routines. I always remember the moment she was born and the long nights of carrying a colicky, cranky, crying and tired baby up and down the corridor. She has indeed grown up a lot as I went through all the pictures of her in the past years.

Aida has prepared a kit for my Guest DT assignment over at Made With Love. Very sweet colors, browns and pinks and papers from American Crafts, Dear Lizzy- Enchanted Line. This was a big challenge for me as most of the papers were plain colored and the drama queen in me always go for patterned papers with lots of shabby layering!

But I wanted to have a layout charting Adah's growth over the years and actually, the papers I was assigned worked perfectly!And I had ideas brimming in my head in the past week but was distracted by the helper's issue. Anyhow, I am so glad that I got back to scrapping again and boy, was it difficult to get my mojo going again with all the drama and tiredness!Lol!

I started with misting my white cardstock with red colored glimmer mist but the photos and the flower cutouts did not show up very well against the misted background although I love the effect of it. That's when I came up with the idea of punching the sides of the papers with my Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch and layering them so that the papers sort of 'blend' together with those I used for the grids.

I had masked parts of the brown cardstock so as to highlight the embossed dots on it. Also the main focus should be on Adah's latest picture, so it was highlighted with dimensional stickers and flower cut outs from the Enchanted line. Btw, Adah was wearing a T-shirt altered with Prima goodness in that pic! I left two grids without pics to embellish and as I was doing so, I thought how much my layout resembles a printers' tray.

Some close-ups of the embellies to share. I created that flower there with Maya Road's pleated ribbon, looks absolutely gorgeous, especially if its bigger and you flatten it out a little...





I am really really glad for the peace and 'normal-ity' back in our household. It may still be tiring as I have to juggle many hats at home albeit what many believed that stay home mums have the most relaxing job, but it helps to know that the Lord will not put me through any obstacle that He thinks is too tough for me to handle.

No comments: