Monday 14 March 2011

Just Be (Who You Are)

Last week was a productive week. By my standards, anything more than one layout is productive and I managed to squeeze out 2, had a very enjoyable week with Adah who is on a one-week school holiday break, taught the first two scrapbooking and altered art classes at Made With Love and scheduled in 2 photography shoots!

One of the ladies who attended the class asked me how I usually start off on a layout. For me, I usually scrap about my kids. So, the moment captured on camera and the significance behind that photo is the most important thing that I want to remember and record on paper. I usually start off with the photo I want to scrap first, then pick the papers and then edit my photos to suit the papers. Sometimes, I go for a saturated look, sometimes a vintage look depending on my look and the feel of the papers.

But for this series of Websters Pages which I wanted to scrap immediately once I lay my hands on it, I started going through my photos to find one that will suit the papers. I usually scrap my girl's photos for Websters Pages as the papers are more floral, but the minute I saw this photo of my boy, I knew it would be a perfect match!Love the patch of little yellow flowers behind my boy in the photo!

This is the Spring Market line and the details are not too floral or girly to be used for a boy's layout. I cut out the sign post from one of the papers, some of the flowers from the vellum and outlined the petals of the row of brown flowers with a cutter, and rolled them up for a 'pop- up' look.The fabric tag was from an older line from Websters too. It says 'be yourself', hence my title,' Just be who you are'.

A close-up of the layout.


I can't wait for Websters' new lines to arrive. Totally in love over the Ladies and Gents' line and the Countryside line too! The new florettes, the sparklers and the new yummy embellishments that they have came up with for this CHA are so, so, so beautiful. Can't wait to lay my hands on them, lol!

I also want to say 'Thank You' to all the ladies who attended my class on Friday and Saturday. I am really very, very, very flattered and humbled by your comments. We had a lot of fun, cutting first and then 'modified' the samples to fit photos, to cover up mistakes or to suit personal tastes. I had a great time meeting everyone in class! I did not expect such a good response, given that it was my first class. 2 ladies flew in from Indonesia to attend and there was another who waited very early outside the store before it opened, hoping for a dropout from the fully-booked class so that she could attend.

Once again, thank you for attending my class and I hope to see you ladies again soon!

No comments: