Monday 15 August 2011

August Challenge at Made With Love

It's my turn to host the DT challenge over at Made With Love this week and I have decided to set a recipe challenge for our local scrappers. We often visit sketch sites or have scraplift challenges. A recipe challenge is basically the same as any other challlenge except that there are various 'ingredients' within the recipe that the scarpper must fulfill to meet the challenge criteria. So, I have named my challenge as the 1-2-3-4 recipe challenge!

You need to have all of the following 'ingredients' on your layout.
1 medium (of any kind, paint, inks, mists. In my layout, I painted gold mica flakes on the MF frame and used Versamagic Brown ink over the mask)
2 photos
3 ribbons (Ribbons of any form, tulle, lace, velvet, satin, etc. Ok...and I cheated here, I used the same lace ribbon twice, one for the border and one for the top but there's no restriction on this, right? Lol ;-P )
4 embellishments
5 words or more on your layout (You can use this in your title too!)

This is the layout that I have came up with for the challenge, titled,'Gentle Reminders'. Lately, I have been yelling at my girl a lot. Not just 'a lot' but 'A LOT'! Some days, I seriously dunno how to handle her anymore with her rebellion and stubborness and retorts. I have tried time-outs, no tv, scolding and even spanking once or twice but still she remains unchanged. I dunno how to control myself and it's really bad for baby A3, I know...so I just have to scrap a gentle reminder to myself to learn to be tolerant and patient and loving though sometimes I feel like yanking someone's head off!



Close-ups. The frame painted with gold mica flakes and the Prima crystal that I added onto the tulle ribbon.


Love those rub-ons from Kaiser Craft. I got like almost the entire set. Talk about de-stashing...sighs...

No comments: