Saturday 27 August 2011

Class Sneaks For September 2011

Here am I, blogging and killing time as I await the results of our Presidential Election. Singaporeans got to vote twice this year, once for the Government Election earlier on and now for the President...

I promised my LSS that I will do another class before I go on sabbatical leave in preparation for the arrival of Baby A3. And I am so thankful that I managed to rush out the class samples over the last few days. I had been wanting to do another canvas class but given the timeline and my bulging tummy (it's really difficult to bend and squat and clear up mediums now! You get the picture? Lol!), I decided to do a layouts class instead.

And in the midst of brainstorming for ideas, I decided to create something interactive. You know I always like to personalise my layouts, be it with a small touch of mediums, stitching or something handmade. But scrapping to me is about preserving memories and most importantly, journalling down my thoughts so that I will not forget those precious moments in time. So, I wanted something interactive where I can hide more photos that speak of the moments and write down my innermost feelings.

And I ended up with 3 layouts, of which one even contains a simple mini album!I chose to use Bo Bunny's latest collection- Et Cetra. At first I felt the papers were too vintage looking and rich in earth tones, but as I played along, I am surprised at how versatile they can be! Here's sharing some of the sneaks...

Layout 1 contains a hidden mini album that can hold up to another 9 pages of small photos or journalling...


Layout 2 comprises of a slider which can slide out to reveal your secret journalling...


Layout 3 is made up of a card that unfolds to more pictures or words...


I had fun creating this and for the ladies who have attended my previous classes, you probably know by now that this scrapper practically leaves no embellishment or paper un-used! So you get enough to embellish and create all your layouts and mini album! Hope to see you around before I 'disappear' for a long time...

No comments: