Monday 31 October 2011

Made With Love DT Assignment - Take That Step

This layout is for my DT Assignment for Made With Love this week. The hubster brought the kids to the zoo on Saturday and I had the house and study room all to myself. It feels weird to be able to focus on scrapping and crafting completely after having to juggle the hobby amidst household chores and two noisy kids...so it took awhile for me to get started! Lol.

The papers in this layout are from My Mind's Eye- Stell & Rose Collection. Love love love the soft hues of blue and pink in this collection! And I actually used the sketch from Pencil Lines to get me started, though I rotated the sketch a little.

I distressed the edges of the papers with my cutter and inked the edges. For once, I didn't have curious supervision and little fingers from the kids so it was kind of therapuetic as I distressed away watching online videos at the same time!



Some close-ups. The chandelier and the ornate frame are from Dusty Attic. Dusty Attic makes the most gorgeous laser cut chipboard pieces! I painted the chandelier with white paint and then brished Glitter Glam in Bronze over it. As for the ornate frame, I chose to leave it as it is...






It has been a peaceful and crafty week for me since Adah's exams are over and we are taking a break from the books....I will be sharing some cards that I have created for Made With Love soon! Check back...

No comments: