Wednesday 25 March 2009

Sleeping Baby- My first 2-page layout










This is my first 2 page layout. I put together pictures of Asher in various sleeping positions from birth till now. Asher will turn 2 this saturday and yet he is still like a baby in many ways. He still needs his regular naps and gets really grouchy and fussy when he starts to get sleepy. Since young, Asher has always been a sleepy baby and would rather forsake food for sleep. Adah's the opposite, she would rather fight sleep and stay awake to play as much as she can.

It's a simple layout. I intended to put my new sewing machine to us and sew the papers in the background together to resemble a quilt but the stitches were terrible. I think it had to do with the tension in the top thread and no matter how I adjusted the tension button, the stitches just didn't turn out the way they are supposed to, so I ended up stamping stitches on the papers. I thought there were so many photos to look at so I went simple on the embellishing so as not to 'overwhelm' the viewer too much.

I know there's no right or wrong to art but have you ever came up with a layout that you are so dissatisfied with the end results that you just wanna rip it up and re-do again? I looked at some of my previous LOs, found a few that I thought totally sucks- no theme, messy and I can't seem to get my messages across. I feel like I am doing the photos a disservice so I told myself I'll re-do these layouts again. Afterall, all these layouts are meant for the kiddos when they grow up next time! My gifts to them has to be perfect by my standards... ...

4 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

two pagers! WTG!! I don't scrap two pagers ... they're hard! LOL

Jenn said...

He can sleep sitting up, my goodness! Indeed a sleeping baby

Sophia said...

This double-paged layout is so fun to look at!!! You're right in not over embellishing the double pages layout =) Let the photos do the talking!

Well, there are the handful few layouts that I don't like i.e. recently I did a 2 pager layout on my Perth trip photos but I just felt everything looked so blah! Nonetheless, I just tucked it into my Perth album and didn't bother to take photos of it to share.

Sophia said...

oh yes! I'm totally amused with your boy's sleeping while sitting up! Soooo cute!

My boy is like Adah... would fight sleep so that he can play!!