Thursday 26 March 2009

Card Patterns Sketch #7


This is my take for Card Patterns #7. Yes, yet another Sugar Nellie stamp. I have so many of them still 'un-inked' and I am ordering somemore. At the rate I am ordering my stamps, I dunno if I am going to use them all at least once but the temptation is just too great and my conclusion is to stop surfing, stop looking at all those pretty creations from the stamps and you'll be able to stop buying. That's close to impossible for me! I hardly explore Shanghai now since we have been here almost 1.5 years now and the kids are either in school or napping and I can't take myself of the net!!!

Oops...off topic...back to my card. I decided to go for a distressed look. I had wanted to put flowers all around the oval shape cardstock but I like the way the distressed papers look so I decided to go simple on the embellishments, so I can show more of the distressed papers. Just plain simple distressed papers but one of my very early attempts at distressing so I liked how they turn out. My original idea was to create a 'flower swing' effect. Anyhows, I chalked the background with yellow and green chalks and quite like the outcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card. Those buttons are fabulous and you did a great job using the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us!

whoistracy said...

This is lovely! Your coloring is just wonderful. So glad you could join us.

Sasha Farina said...

your cards are always so put together!! Gorgeous!

Sophia said...

This is a super cute and lovely card!!! I can see why you're going ga-ga over the stamps! I would too if I'm you :P