Friday 1 October 2010

My Little Soldier


It's Crate Paper- Restoration goodness again! I love, love, love how versatile the papers from this range are and I finally found a series of vintage papers that are not too girly for using on my boy's layout! Just check out the splashes of red, blue and green on the layout that goes-oh-so-well together! I was even able to sneak in some flowers and doilies and yet the overall look was still acceptable...

I enjoyed layering the lace border stickers for a different look. First, I stuck on the two bottom most borders, allowing the second to overlap the first. Then I stuck on the red cardstock that I had intended to use to mat the photo. I intentionally rolled up the ends for extra dimension, then layered the two other yellow and orange borders on the red cardstock. I also cut out a strip of the red cardstock and inverted the other side over to stick on the top to form another layer.


Yummy...the patterns and colors in this range are just too versatile and pretty that I had a diffcult time choosing my favourites to use...
Some close-ups...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ScrappyMumofTwo! Your children are so cute!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your lovely projects. and I just found your webby ... I'm a fellow singaporean who also just started my weblog :) if you care to drop by, www.violamahr.typepad.com

Thanks again for sharing your projects with us.

Sandy Ang said...

Such a lovely LO with pretty embellishments !