Sunday 7 November 2010

2 new layouts for Made With Love


I had a productive time last week churning out 2 layouts on top of organising Adah's birthday party and running down to MWL to grab Basic Grey's Curio line. I like being busy as it keeps me on my toes and gives me a high to get my tasks accomplished!

This week, I was assigned to work with rub-ons for my DT assignment at Made With Love. And rub-ons are my favorite! I use them on almost every layout cos of their versatility. It can be hidden under layering to cover up an odd empty space, rub-on quotes also add that special touch to a layout and define the theme revolving around it and when you are in need of some dimension, just add glossy accent onto it and it looks like an epoxy sticker popping off the page!

Some close-ups.
I added glossy accent onto the little boy riding the trike! The words, 'Super star' were rubbed-on and I added the dimensional sticker on it.

Rub-ons work on all surfaces and in this case, the metal cap. I also painted the cap with Shimmerz after covering it in alcohol inks.

Rub-on wordings framing that chipboard sticker there. The title ' Dirt Magnet' again added with glossy accent to give it dimension.

I cut out some stars and stuck them on with dimensional foam to 'pop' them off the page!


Is there any doubt that this new line from Basic Grey is my favorite? I just had to rush down to get it once it hit the store!Love the vintage feel of this line and the floral and bohemian designs on the papers. I had a tough time deciding between getting the full paper pack (and adding more to my stash!)and getting loose sheets. I almost bought the entire co-ordinating embellishments too!

I was inspired by Sketch #211 over at Pencil Lines, and used the photos from our recent trip to Australia. This was Adah sitting on the ledge of the Puffing Billy train during the ride. The colors were also inspired by Palette #31 of The Color Room. I do not have a green color mist so I used the turqoise color from Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist instead.

Some more close-ups!





No comments: