Monday 15 November 2010

Experiencing Spring and RAK winner

I completed this layout over the weekend for Prima's November BAP challenge. There are so many photos from our Aussie trip that I love and I just want to scrap them all! Hahaha...the good weather really makes the pictures stand out, unlike the cloudy and/or rainy weather over the Singapore skies these days. It's the end of the year, and its cooler with the rains and wind, so I am not complaining except for the poorer lighting conditions for the pictures!


The Jack and Jill collection from Prima has such soft and pastel colors. The little children, puppy, ladybugs and birds are all so adorable looking! Anyhow, I cut out the paper with the daisies first and wanted to matt it with the green one below but I had used part of it in an earlier layout and somehow I managed to cut out 4 rectangles, pieced them together got the lines covered with the embellishing! Very proud of myself after that, lols!

The pictures show Adah fiddling with the little spring blooms that we saw in Australia. We hardly see such flora n fauna here so she was also awed by nature's beauty. I used the long Prima vine as the base for the swirl and filled in the empty spaces with the rest of the sunflowers, flowers, leaves and a tag from Prima too. The butterfly has been in the drawer for ages and now it's finally used as I wanted a big embellishment to make it look more 'dramatic'. Actually I still have a lot more these butterflies when I went through my 'designated' Prima drawer. My stash is getting too scary...I also brushed a little of pink Tattered Angels glossy glam over the white flowers, before finishing it off with Prima's Say It In Crystals.


The layering...


The cute epoxy button that goes oh-so-well with my blue thickers!


And now, the reveal for the winner of my RAK...


.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.


Congratulations, Mad Scrapper! Please e-mail me at adeline_lal@yahoo.com to arrange for your pick-up!

And I am off to a busy week of chauffeuring again. The girl's got her rehearsals and pratices before her graduation concert next week. I'm sure I will be bawling my eyes out from the audience when I see her perform...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, i'm so amaterurish at this. Still learning to tie in the different embellishments. Thanks for inspiration! -Shauna