Sunday 12 December 2010

Lil Big Boy using Pencil Lines Sketch #216

I managed to finish this layout last night as I was staying up to monitor Adah's temperature. The poor girl woke up lively and active as usual, did some painting and exercises in the morning but she started to complain of a sore throat after her nap. She said she was alright to go swimming but she threw up after that and in the evening, she developed a temperature and it stayed around 38.5 despite the fever medicine. I wanted to be sure she was alright and her temperature does not spike up again in the night, so I stayed up a little later than usual and had this layout done in the meantime!

I used Asher's pictures from our holiday again. He was sitting on a log in a village called Sassafras after our train ride and was sill excited over sitting in 'the Thomas train'. I used the sketch #216 from Pencil Lines here and the guest designer this week happens to be none other than my fellow DT member from Made with Love, Piradee! Pencil Lines has the most versatile sketches and I like the layers here (very my style, isn't it? Lol!).

I used the latest collection from Basic Grey- Curio. Its my favourite line this year, together with Crate Paper's Restoration line. I like the deep browns and reds in this range and it is so 'use-able' on both boys' n girls' layouts! I cut out and trimmed away part of the lace cardstock for the bottom part of the layout before layering the embellishments over. I also added a floral ribbon from Tim Holtz and spritzed it with sprays from Tattered Angels and Studio Calico to get the browns on it. The vine was from Prima and was trimmed down too and the key from Tattered Angels just complete the whole look!

Some close-ups as usual:


(P.S. Love the pair of birds, seem like they are talking to each other, like Asher n Me! Hahaha...)


No comments: