Monday 21 February 2011

Moments Like These


I created this LO for Prima's February BAP. Once I saw the sketch, I already had in mind what I wanted for the heart to appear like. Lots of textures and fun! I used MS Word to create a longish heart and then printed it out on paper. Cut it out, trace onto my patterned paper and cut again. (P.S Can anyone teach me a faster and easier method than this?) I am still learning where Photoshop is concerned, else I would have created a heart that is unsymmetrical on both sides for a more dramatic look!

Pasted the heart onto the paper and stitched around it using colored floss from Daiso and then mixed some clear gel with the paint and dripped haphazardly around a slanted outline of the heart. I left it to dry overnight and the textures were amazing when I checked on the LO in the morning.

The rest of the embellishing is created by fussy cutting flowers from the Prima papers and lining them together with the bird vine which I had cut up too. Did u spot the new Prima flocked rub-ons on the LO? Fantastic feel and a different look. Finally I added a tulle ribbon on the twine just to soften the colors a little.

Definitely had lots of fun creating this. Do play along at Prima and leave me your comments! Would love to hear your feedback!

Have a good week ahead.

No comments: