Saturday 5 February 2011

Wedding Canvas

This is a canvas that I made for a dear girlfriend of mine. In fact, I have known her for 18 years and her husband for 14 years. It's amazing how time flies isn't it? If you work backwards, that means we have known each other since we were teens in high school.Wow!

And after 10 years of courtship, the two of them have finally decided to settle down and tie the knot and all of us were so excited and happy for them. Most of us have already been married for a few years and already have kids, so it has been awhile since the last wedding in our group of friends.

My girlfriend is not the typical girly girl kind of lady. In fact, all our kids are kinda afraid of her because she is so stern with them and she doesn't bother to do the 'goo goo' 'ga ga' talk with them. That's why I did not use any peach or pink or red or silver for their wedding canvas.

I painted the background green by mixing two paint colors from Making Memories and ended up with this shade. Then i distressed the side with Glitter Glam in Turqoise.Then I arranged the photos and matted them over the Basic Grey lace cardstock. Once the placement of the photos were settled, the embellishing was much easier...



By the way, I took the pics for her in the canvas and I was really glad that I had a chance to play with my camera and photoshop software...I feel that nice pics do make scrapping easier even though it's really the memories behind them that counts! Thanks for stopping by and do leave some love so that I know who you are...Happy Chinese New Year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Adeline,
was just looking through your blog and your work and creativity just amazes me! No wonder MWL approached you to do a class for them with those pretty papers from BoBunny. If you're still doing that class for April, I'm definitely signing up for it!