Sunday 27 February 2011

So Much Fun for Made With Love


I can never get sick of going through the photos from our Aussie trip in October last year. We took a whooping 2000 photos and everytime I go back to that folder to see the photos, I find another few scrap-worthy ones...
This week, we were assigned to play with distress inks and paints. I have been researching and playing with more mediums lately and they are really fun, fun, fun! Only drawback is the layouts take a little longer to complete because I prefer to wait for the mediums to dry naturally instead of using a heat gun...but it suits me fine because I have lesser time to scrap now, about 2 hours of free time a day, and I want to read, blog, study photography...
Back to the layout, I misted a piece of cardboard with blue mist first and then mixed some yellow acrylic paint with a clear granular gel to spread it on the bottom part of the cardboard. This gives it a grainy look and feel when dry and I wanted it to look like part of the beach. I also sprayed with some brown mist when it is halfway through drying to give it some extra dimension.
Next I took an old transparency from MME and dabbed onto it with aqua alcohol ink around the border. After some fussy cutting on my favourite paper manufacturer, Websters Pages (Seaside Retreat), I layered the papers and am quite happy with the final look. It didn't take me very long to get this done, except for the waiting time for the cardboard to dry.

Btw, I have already submitted my class samples at the store. Please feel free to take a look. This layout is also on display, go ahead and take a look at the textures if you happen to visit the store. I have discovered a new 'toy' in scrapping.

No comments: