Monday 2 May 2011

Layout for MapleTreehouse

Some time ago, Sylvia from Maple TreeHouse wrote to me, offering to sponsor some materials for a layout for me to share on her blog. I was very flattered and Sylvia was really nice and friendly in our e-mail exchanges, even though we have never met before. I was looking forward to seeing the postman and received my goodies, carefully bubble-wrapped and packaged 2 days later. I was definitely impressed by Sylvia's efficiency, as most sponsors do need to take some time admidst their busy schedules, in getting their supplies delivered to you.

Sylvia sent me some papers, a pack of flowers and a pack of half-pearls. The flowers are pearls are Maple Treehouse's very own in-house products and I am thrilled at being offered a chance to use them on my creations! I went monochromatic on my layout and cards and this is the first time I kept using colors to a minimum! Just the simple, classy black, white and greys and it was amazing how versatile and well-coordinated the color collections that Maple Treehouse had organised their products into!

This is the first layout I had created with the papers and the flower petals from this collection. The half pearls and blings were a perfect finish for that extra touch to the small flowers and chandelier rub-ons.




A close- up of the embellishments...



With the leftover papers and embellishments, I was even able to create 2 cards and some rosettes cut-out from the Sizzix Die. So yummy and perfectly romantic...



A closer look on the two cards...


Once again, my heartfelt thanks to Sylvia of Maple Treehouse for generously offering these goodies for my 'scrapping consumption'. I had a fun time playing with them over the long weekend and you will definitely will seeing more of those pearls and blings on my layouts to come! Can't wait for another long weekend this week to create again...

No comments: