Friday 29 April 2011

Laughter

I wish we only need to report for work and go to school on a 4-day week. That means an extended weekend, more family time and more scrappin'time! I feel so blessed that in the past few weeks, I was able to scrap more and my mojo just kept on running. I think a lot has to do with having an efficient and responsible helper around now. She is not perfect and has her shortcomings but which one of us is totally perfect? I always remind myself that here in Singapore, we should be thankful that we can employ domestic help, else many of us will be struggling with work, family and caring for kids...I am sure without such help, the country's birth rate will dwindle further...

This is another layout that I had completed over the Easter weekend, combining the latest line from Pink Paislee's Daily Junque and some of my leftovers from last year's Sweetness and Old School.


I cut out parts of the paper from Daily Junque and Sweetness, and assembled the parts on the white cardstock which I had misted with Tattered Angels' Viva Pink Glimmer Mist. I just had to add a bit of Prima to my layout, the laces and the sweet beaded vine which I cut up and rearranged it to spread out under the red metal charm, the little rosettes and leaves.


The red metal charm was from last year's School Days collection. I pulled off the epoxy sticker on it and cut out the Daily Junque papers to fit into the space left behind. Then I added the 'Laughter' metal charm from The Girls' Paperie to it. You can see the close-up below.



I punched out the birds resting on the vine and added them together with the flower cut-outs and the doily to the top left. The doily was from Pink Paislee's Parisan Anthology collection. I cut it out and misted it in blue. Love love love that shade!


Once again, thanks for coming by my humble blog. Singapore's going to have her elections soon and we have to cast our votes for our estate. A lot of excitement going on around here! And since Adah's school is goign to be used as a polling center, she is having another short week next week. Yippee!

No comments: