Sunday 7 December 2008

Run for Groovie Java Scraps Cafe Inspiration Challenge

This is done for Groovie Java Scraps Cafe Inspiration Challenge. The theme is on Crazy about Covers and the CD cover below was showcased.



Sophia came out with such a fantastic interpretation of this challenge. The frame was so impressive that I had to stop myself from creating a layout that is inspired by her work than the CD cover.

I like flowers and butterflies but I never like too much of them in my layouts, so this is not an easy challenge for me. Also I wanted a vintage look but I dun think I have mastered the distressed look well enough yet...I really like the gold butterflies. Its the first time I tried embossing with my stamps. I can't bear the cost of a heat gun(yet) so I ended up trying the heat tongs I got for my hair and hair dryer. And I think the end results were quite good.

Then at the same time, I was blog hopping and came to Creative Scrappers' latest challenge which also had a floral theme, so I was quite inspired to combine the sketch design with the CD cover look and so here goes... ...the end results.











The journaling marks what I want to tell Adah for her future: Run along with what you have, Be contented, be grateful and be happy. I hope she will make the best of whatever she has in her hands to run her life, her future, her endeavours and be thankful for her lot in life. Most importantly, learn to be happy because it can be the most difficult thing to do.

1 comment:

Sophia said...

I think this is superbly done!!! It's really really beautiful Adeline! Jaw-dropping in fact!! =)

Hope you'll love the RAK coming your way by end of this week!