Thursday 9 April 2009

Challenge submission for The Story Matters









This is my submission for the current challenge going on at The Story Matters. Finally I got scrapping again. Were there ever days you wondered where did all your time go to and what have you been doing? I have so many of these project ideas up my head and activities I wanna do with the kids but in the end, I sometimes get nothing done or take soooo long to get something going. I set a new year resolution earlier in the year that I want to complete the first year albums for the kiddos and catch up to their current ages so that I can scrap more current photos and reduce my backlog but the photos are growing by the hundreds monthly and the progress is so slow!!! Sighs...


Back to the challenge over at The Story Matters. It's to scrap about what you want to be when you grow up. I always wanted to be a mother and a lawyer when I was younger. Of course, over the years, heartaches and experiences changed my mindset and I decided,'Ok, no kids and no relationships.' Then I met my best friend and now 2 kids later, I take back my word. But this layout is not about me, its about little Adah. She is absolutely fixated with brides and princesses and that's all she wants to be when she grows up next time. Did I mention she was so annoyed looking at our wedding pictures because mummy 'did not bring her to the wedding to see Mummy as a pincess'? LOL. So thats what she wants to be when she grows up next time in her little 4.5 year old mind...

On the layout, I used lots of stuff from Imaginisce Fairy Tale Collection line. The light pink papers, rub-ons, stamped carriage and the chipboard stickers. I had stamped the castle from Unity's Little Princess kit and layered it in 3 layers with dimensionals. I like that castle!!! I did not intend for the 'bling bling' look on this layout but guess I went a little overboard with the crystals here! Ha ha. The close up pics speak for themselves, the rub- ons are simply gorgeous but I randomly adhered the rub-ons, crystals and pearls to make them look more like flourishes.

Definitely satisfying... ...yum...

2 comments:

meganklauer said...

Great take on the challenge! Thanks for participating! Love your use of the Imaginesce line!

Sophia said...

This is absolutely lovely!!!! Adah is so pretty and beautiful!!!
Thanks for playing along with us over at The Story Matters! :)