Monday 16 November 2009

Pink Sketches #54 and more!

I am retyping this all over again because I have been asked to leave my laptop once too often by the kids and the anoymous proxy just timed- out, and somehow blogger doesn't save drafts automatically when u access it from an anoymous proxy. When is this country ever going to let us access the internet freely again????

Anyway, this is my take on Pink Sketches #54. I must have e-mailed Kellie the wrong one because she posted my take on #55 instead...I used my My Mind's Eye die cut paper here, along with another Amy Butler paer, rub-ons from Basic Grey/ DCVW, Making Memories vintage key, bird cage cut- outs from Hambly's and the little farbic flowesr were from Daiso. I was in two minds when doing this layout. Initially I wanted to make use of the floral background and layer on it, but then again, it was so pretty that I did not want to cover it up too much with embellishments.

My Life

Also, wanna share 2 other layouts that I have done recently for some challenges.

Joy Rides (inspired using Sketch #45 of 52 weeks 52 sketches)
Using again My Mind's Eye Abbey Road Collection diecut paper and a whole load of old stash for embellishing. I love it when I am using up the stash I have accumulated! Its scary how much I have hoard in just a short period of time.

Joy Rides

Papa's Gal (inspired by Wendy over at Websters Pages Ning forum and Inspired Blueprints)
Websters Pages is having a '12 days of Christmas' online crop over at their ning forum. The projects and takes on the challenges are stunning beyond words. Sometimes, I think Websters Pages papers are so beautiful, how can anyone go wrong with it? I was so inspired by the techniques that Wendy shared that I also tried out some new techniques here for a change. I crumpled and distressed the vellum paper and absolutely loved how it turned out! Also tried pleating adn rolling up the papers to form a frame around the photo. I used the sketch #35 from Inspired Blueprints for this layout. Do hop over to these sites for more eye candy! I am amazed at the talent out there.

Papa's Gal

Finally, I just wanna share some good news. 2 of my layouts had some special mention and that was enough to make me go over the roof. My layout tittled 'When did U grow up' was selected banner of the week at Websters Pages Ning forum last week. The other layout, 4 seasons, which I had submitted for a multi- photo challenge over at our LSS forum was also mentioned on their blog and shared with their readers! Whoopppeee!!! Doesn't it feel good to receive praises from your favorite manufacturer, scrappin' idol or designer?

No comments: