Sunday 10 April 2011

Crate Paper

When the Crate Paper collections hit the shelves 2 weeks ago, I rushed down to Made With Love to get them immediately! I had saw the CHA sneaks and was already crazy over the new collections- Emma Shoppe, Toy Story and Potrait. I wanted to get the full collections for all three (yes, everything in them!) but since I had just spent a mini fortune on a new camera lens and flash, I decided I just had to be more selective on my scrapbooking purchases, especially since I am hoping to get another lens at the end of the year.

The chipboard elements for the 3 collections are must-haves and I went through each of the papers carefully to make sure I choose those that I am sure I would use. I got some layered stickers for Emma's Shoppe and Toy Story because they are just too adorable! And of course, everything else from the Potrait Collection. Sometimes, I wonder how I became such a hoarder given that I always like to de-clutter and throw out my other stuff regularly. If a thief breaks into my house, I only have my camera and scrapbooking stuff for him! Lols!

So these are the two layouts that I did using the new collections. The first one, 10 years is from my most favourite of the three collection, Potrait. It's to remember our tenth year anniversary of registering our marriage in November this year. We hardly have any pictures of us together and after the kids came along, we only wanted to snap away at them. We managed to get a few couple shots taken by a lady photographer in Shanghai before we left and finally I have a chance to scrap some couple photos instead of the kids.


For the second layout, using the Toy Story Collection, I scrapped photos of Asher at 10 months old. I brought him to a studio to have some shots taken and they provided this cute soldier romper for him to wear. I painted the background with some gesso to draw emphasis to the photo. I also used a border punch on the yellow cardstock but purposely painted some gesso over it for a rugged look when part of the border broke due to my inexperience with handling the punch!

Part of the fun in scrapping for me is to finding ways to correct the mistakes made here and there. I always share with my classes that only when there are mistakes, then it feels truly handmade! Lols, my own crazy set of thinking!

I am hoping to get a bit more scrapping done since it's pouring now and it doesn't look like we can get out of the house to the playground anytime soon. Have a great week ahead!


No comments: