Tuesday 4 November 2008

Scrapbooking

This is a hobby I took up to pen down and capture the special moments of my little one. Truth is, I was worried that I would be bored to death in Shanghai. We had tagged along with Daddy when he was posted to Shanghai to work and I was committed to the two young monkeys full time. But with no me-time and no friends and family, in a foreign new land, it is scary and daunting and I had to do something to keep my sanity. So armed with my precious English books and magazines, and my scrapbooking stash, I arrived in Shanghai a year ago. And it wasn't until 6 months ago before I really took the plunge in cos' we were finally more settled in then!
My thoughts about scrapbooking- each work is really like a piece of literature. You have to try to understand the meaning behind the artist's work and journaling. It reminds of those secondary school days when we were trying to understand Rebecca, Merchant of Venice and Little Stories of Singapore... ...Sometimes it is not too difficult, sometimes a picture speaks for itself and sometimes your opinions beg to differ... ...

No comments: