Saturday 14 August 2010

GDT Layout for Made With Love

My LSS Made With Love kindly prepared a kit for me for my stint as the guest designer comprising of the latest papers from Echo Park. They were cheery, colorful and gorgeous and I had been wanting to do up some layouts that are more colorful and bright instead of my usual vintagy, shabby look. So it was a pleasant surprise and I was very excited to start on my layouts once I laid my hands on them last week

First Layout- Take Time to Smile, using papers from Life is Good and A Walk in the Park collections from Echo Park. There was lots of misting here using Maya Turquoise and Gold Metallic Mists, along with Tattered Angels Cherry Blossom Mist. The last color is not the obvious but you can see a light pink tone framing the upper part of the photos together with the orangy mists. Then I created heavier droplets using the turquoise color. There was also lots of distressing done on the frame for the layout and I used one of my favourite stamps on the layout too! Its actually a fairy stamp from Stamp It but with all the layering, it looks like a butterfly side profile instead. I also rolled up the petals of the flower stickers for extra dimension. Yummy!



Close- Ups





That baby in the photo is my girl Adah. She will soon be 6 this november and the shots were taken exactly on her 1 year old birthday. Time flies...I will be posting another layout tomorrow using the Echo Park papers which were left over. Do check back!

No comments: