Monday 16 August 2010

Live. Laugh. Love

This is one of my favourite layouts. I dunno what came over me when I was at the LSS last Thursday. I had already shortlisted the papers that I want to buy when I was looking at the CHA sneaks from the various manufacturer. I was saving for Websters Pages (everything!, I keep telling myself I have too much of their papers but just cannot resist), Crate Paper- Restoration (vintagy and sweet), Pink Paislee's Anthology and School Days, Prima (almost everything, fom papers to canvas to flowers!), so when I saw the new arrivals comprised of MME and G45 papers, I told myself to go slow. Then when I was at the store, I lost it and grabbed almost the entire set of G45 Steampunk collection!

Then that very night as I was trying to start on the layout, I was filled with remorse. The green colors are so bright and uniquely turquoise, the flowers are hardly of the soft shades I am used to, and I dun think I have embellishments to go with the papers. Of course, the 'embellishments' part is pure whining from a shopaholic- scrapper! Lols! So I had my diffiulties when starting out with the G45 papers but perhaps that was why there was a sense of satisfaction when I thought I had achieved the look I had wanted to...



Close-Ups








My little girl, growing up way too fast and rebellious. She drives me up the wall with her antics, ideas and retorts, but she is like a little shadow of me. That rebellious streak feels a tad too much like me, and how do I tell her it may not be good for her? Maybe she has to find out for herself, just like the way I did, but my role is to forewarn her the dangers of negative characteristics she should try not to adopt???

Anyhow, I have been scrapping actively for about a year now. My styles have definitely evolved and I am still very interested to play with different mediums. So I am resolving to include more mediums in my layouts, just like the different dimension and added interest to a layout when using them.

No comments: